Thursday 5 January 2012

And a Happy New Year to All....Hopefully

Welcome to 2012, everybody. I hope its a great year for you all.

This is despite our beloved politicians appearing to take a sadistic delight in repeatedly telling us what an awful time we are going to have. This seems to me to be a strange way to initiate the optimism that is needed to battle our way out of economic gloom, but hey ho, what do I know? I'm just a lowly musician desperately trying to persuade people to buy my music. In general, people need to be in a good mood to buy music, so please, dear leaders, start being a bit more upbeat. We're all going to blame you for whatever happens anyway, so you might as well be cheerful about it.

Anyway, I've been putting my new year's resolutions together and apart from the usual, soon to be broken lifestyle changes which I've attempted and failed on for every year as long as I can remember, there are couple of more interesting ones I would like to tell you about.

The big one is that this year will be the one in which I finally get my act together (literally) and form a proper band to perform my music. This is no small undertaking since as you know the stuff I churn out doesn't really lend itself to the traditional guitar/bass/drums set-up (although that might be an interesting experiment!). So I am now working on line up requirements and will be in the market for musicians in the near future.

My other resolution is to get a third album out by the summer. Loads of musical ideas are bouncing around in my head at the moment that need to be laid down on disk. Still can't get used to not saying "on tape". Must be getting old.

In the meantime, I intend to keep pumping out the singles and some videos as well to keep you all entertained in these dark, turbulent times and hopefully lift your spirits a little, thus doing my bit for economic recovery.

So as you can see, I intend to make my tiny contribution to improving our collective lot this year. I am no economist, but I do understand that economies are entirely at the mercy of the collective mood of the business and consumers within them. So do your bit, go out and buy something you don't need. If we all do that, then we will solve the problem together.

Of course, you don't "need" my music.....

Happy New Year!!!

Steve.

No comments:

Post a Comment